|Rule No.||Rule Title|
|Rule Text||As used in this article:
(a) “Backstretch worker” means a person required to be licensed under Rule 1481(c) of this division.
(b) “Backstretch worker housing”, “habitable room” means any structure or portion of a structure whose primary purpose is for sleeping or living and is located within the restricted area of the inclosure as defined in Rule 1420(v) of this division.
(c) “Damaged” means property in a condition in which its worth or usefulness is impaired. Damage includes, but is not limited to backstretch worker housing whose components are split, buckled, sagging, rotting, broken or defective.
(d) “Substandard housing” means backstretch worker housing or a habitable room, or any portion thereof, which through lack of maintenance or repair there exists any of the following conditions to an extent that endangers the health, safety or welfare of the occupants.
(1) Lack of toilet or privy structure, bathtub or shower, or hot and cold running water.
(2) Plumbing fixtures and piping that have become unsanitary or damaged.
(3) Lack of exterior wall or roof covering adequate to protect the occupants from the elements.
(4) Damaged exterior wall or roof coverings.
(5) Damaged windows, exterior window coverings, or doors.
(6) Lack of natural light and ventilation.
(7) Damaged interior walls, ceilings or floors.
(8) Lack of interior flooring adequate to protect occupants from the elements.
(9) Dampness of habitable rooms.
(10) Lack of garbage and rubbish removal as required under Rule 2105 of this article.
(11) Infestation of insects, rodents or other vermin.
(12) Lack of smoke detector in working order, or other fire alarm system as required under Rule 1927 of this division.
(13) Lack of emergency evacuation plan as required under Rule 1928 of this division.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 19440 and 19481.5(b), Business and Professions Code. Reference: Section 19481.5, Business and Professions Code, and Section 17920.3, Health and Safety Code.
1. New rule filed 5-7-02, as an emergency; effective through 11-8-03.
2. Amendment filed 9-23-03; effective 10-23-03.
3. Amendment filed 10-14-04; effective 11-13-04.