|Rule No.||Rule Title|
|2063||Out-of-State and Interstate Wagering.|
|Rule Text||(a) The Board shall authorize a racing association or a guest association to conduct simulcast wagering on the results of one or more races conducted by an out-of-state racing association, provided:
(1) The association intending to conduct wagering on an out-of-state race files with the Board a copy of the agreement with the out-of-state association and the written approvals required by Chapter 57, commencing with Section 3001, of Title 15 of the United States Code, and a statement setting forth the date and time it intends to commence accepting wagers on the out-of-state race(s).
(2) The Board approves the methods by which the out-of-state association intends to transmit the simulcast of its race(s) and the restrictions, if any, placed on the use of the simulcast, and the methods to be used to assure a separate voice communication system between its stewards and the stewards at the track where the race(s) are held.
(3) The out-of-state race(s) are qualified feature events and the fee to be paid for use of the out-of-state race(s) does not exceed 50% of the retained amount from pari-mutuel wagers after deduction for license fees, local government fee, and any mandated guest association fee.
(4) The Board determines that the conduct of wagering on the race(s) best serves the interest of the public and the sport of horse racing.
(b) The Board shall authorize a racing association to use its simulcast for interstate wagering by out-of-state betting systems provided:
(1) The association files with the Board a copy of the agreement with the out-of-state betting system which sets forth the payment to the association for use of its simulcast, and of any agreements required by Chapter 57, commencing with Section 3001, of Title 15 of the United States Code.
(2) Payment of the license fee required by Section 19602(b) of the Business and Professions Code be made weekly, on the day specified by the Board, accompanied by a transmittal statement setting forth the gross amount received by the association from the interstate wagering use of its simulcast and the distribution of that gross amount.
(3) The simulcast complies with Rule 2057(d), (e) and (f) of this division.
(4) The Board determines that use of the simulcast by the out-of-state wagering systems best serves the interests of the public and sport of horse racing.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 19420, 19440 and 19590, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Sections 19596, 19596.5, 19601, 19602, 19615 and 19616, Business and Professions Code.
1. Rule 2061 of article 24 was renumbered 2063 of article 25. Filed 3-25-93; effective 3-25-93.
2. Amendment filed 12-6-99; effective 12-6-99.