|Rule No.||Rule Title|
|Rule Text||A pari-mutuel ticket is evidence of a contribution to the pari-mutuel pool operated by the licensee association and of the obligation of the association to pay to the holder thereof the portion of the distributable amount of the pari-mutuel pool represented by the valid pari-mutuel ticket. The association shall cash all valid unmutilated winning tickets when the tickets are presented for payment during the course of the meeting where sold, and until May 15 of the year following the year in which the meeting ends.
(a) To be deemed valid, a pari-mutuel ticket shall have been issued by a pari-mutuel ticket machine operated by the association, recorded as a ticket entitled to a share of the pari-mutuel pool, and contain imprinted information as to:
(1) The name of the association operating the meeting.
(2) The date of the wagering transaction.
(3) A unique identifying number or code word.
(4) The race number for which the pool is conducted.
(5) The type(s) of wagers represented.
(6) The number(s) representing the wagering interests for which the wager is recorded.
(7) The amount(s) of the contributions to the pari-mutuel pools for which the ticket is evidence.
(b) Pari-mutuel tickets recorded or reported as previously paid, canceled, or non-existent shall not be deemed valid by the association.
(c) The association may withhold payment and refuse to cash any pari-mutuel ticket deemed not valid or which is presented for payment by a person believed to be other than the person who contributed to the pari-mutuel pool as represented by the pari-mutuel ticket.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 19590, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Sections 19592 and 19598, Business and Professions Code.
1. Repealer and new rule filed 5-12-82; effective 6-11-82.
2. Amendment filed 1-27-93; effective 2-26-93.
3. Amendment filed 11-14-95; effective 12-14-95.
4. Amendment filed 12-6-99; effective 12-6-99.