|Rule No.||Rule Title|
|1858||Test Sample Required.|
|Rule Text||(a) Blood and urine test samples shall be taken daily from the winner of every race, from horses finishing second and third in any stakes race with a gross purse of $75,000 or more, and from not less than six other horses designated for testing by the Equine Medical Director, the stewards or the official veterinarian.
(b) Every horse within the inclosure, every horse registered to race at an inclosure, or nominated, pre-entered or entered in any race is subject to testing and no owner, trainer or other person having the care of a horse shall refuse to submit it for testing when directed by the Equine Medical Director, the stewards or the official veterinarian.
(1) For the purposes of this regulation, a horse is “registered to race at an inclosure” when the horse's registration papers are on file with a racing association under the jurisdiction of the Board.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 19440, 19562 and 19580, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Section 19580(b), Business and Professions Code; and Sections 337f, 337g and 337h, Penal Code.
1. Amendment filed 4-21-83; effective 5-21-83.
2. Amendment filed 2-9-84; effective 2-9-84.
3. Amendment filed 8-23-90; effective 9-22-90.
4. Amendment filed 1-9-96; effective 2-8-96.
5. Amendment filed 2-6-02; effective 3-8-02.
6. Amendment filed 1-27-10; effective 2-26-10.
7. Amendment filed 1-13-15; effective 4-1-15.