|Rule No.||Rule Title|
|1858||Test Sample Required.|
|Rule Text||Blood and urine test samples shall be taken daily from the winner of every race, from horses finishing second and third in any stakes race with a gross purse of $75,000 or more, and from not less than six or more than nine other horses designated for testing by the Equine Medical Director, the stewards or the official veterinarian. Every horse within the inclosure or entered in any race is subject to testing and no owner, trainer or other person having the care of a horse shall refuse to submit it for testing when directed by the Equine Medical Director, the stewards or the official veterinarian.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 19440, 19562 and 19580, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Section 19580(b), Business and Professions Code; and Sections 337f, 337g and 337h, Penal Code.
1. Amendment filed 4-21-83; effective 5-21-83.
2. Amendment filed 2-9-84; effective 2-9-84.
3. Amendment filed 8-23-90; effective 9-22-90.
4. Amendment filed 1-9-96; effective 2-8-96.
5. Amendment filed 2-6-02; effective 3-8-02.
6. Amendment filed 1-27-10; effective 2-26-10.