|Rule No.||Rule Title|
|1663||Entry of Claimed Horse.|
|Rule Text||(a) A horse claimed out of a claiming race is eligible to race at any racing association in California immediately after being claimed.
(b) If a claimed horse is entered in a claiming race within 25 days of being claimed:
(1) The horse that won the claiming race from which it was claimed shall start for at least 25 percent more than the amount for which it was claimed.
(2) A horse that did not win the claiming race from which it was claimed shall start for at least the same amount for which it was claimed.
(c) A claimed horse may be removed from the grounds of the association where it was claimed for non-racing purposes.
(d) The provisions of subsection (a) of this rule do not apply to standardbred horses.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 19420, and 19440, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Section 19562, Business and Professions Code.
1. Amendment filed 6-14-74 as emergency; effective 6-14-74.
2. Amendment filed 9-13-90; effective 10-13-90.
3. Amendment filed 5-19-98; effective 5-19-98.
4. Amendment filed 12-6-99; effective 12-6-99.
5. Amendment filed 8-24-05; effective 8-24-05.
6. Amendment filed 6-25-12; effective 7-25-12.