|Rule No.||Rule Title|
|1481||Occupational Licenses and Fees.|
|Rule Text||No person required to be licensed shall participate or attempt to participate in a race meeting without holding a valid license authorizing that participation.
(a) A person acting in any capacity within the restricted area of an inclosure, simulcast facility or auxiliary stabling area shall procure the appropriate license(s) and pay the fee required.
(b) A person acting in any of the following capacities shall procure the appropriate license(s) and pay the fee required:
(1) Horse Owner by Open Claim $250
(2) Officer, Director, Partner or any individual or person who holds 5% or more of the outstanding shares of a racing association, simulcast service supplier or totalizator company. $200
(3) Horse Owner $150
(4) Trainer, Assistant Trainer, Driver, Jockey, Apprentice Jockey, Jockey Agent $150
(5) Veterinarian $150
(6) Steward, Associate Steward, Steward (Veterinary Service), Simulcast Facility Supervisor, Assistant Simulcast Facility Supervisor, Racing Official, Administrative or Managerial personnel including General Manager of a racing association, simulcast organization or an intrastate guest association, who exercise control over other licensees, horse racing, pari-mutuel wagering or simulcast operations, or whose duties routinely require access to restricted areas of the inclosure $150
(7) Bloodstock Agent $150
(8) Valet, Jockey Room or Drivers' Room Attendant or Custodian or Service Person, Colors
Attendant, Paddock Attendant $75
(9) Assistant to a Racing Official or Official, Assistant General Manager of a racing association, simulcast organization or an intrastate guest association, Assistant Starter, Assistant to the Veterinarian, Assistant Manager, Announcer, Paymaster of Purses, Superintendent, Starting Gate Driver, Flagman, Marshal, Stewards' Aide $75
(10) Exercise Rider, Pony Rider, Outrider $75
(11) Horseshoer, Stable Agent, Vendor or Vendor's Employee when duties require access to the restricted area, Stable Foreman $75
(12) Pari-mutuel Employee, Totalizator Technician, Video Operator, Photofinish Operator $75
(13) Security Officer, Security Guard, Stable Gateman, Fire Guard, Security Investigator $75
(14) Clerical Employee or Uncategorized Employee of a racing association, intrastate guest association, simulcast organization, simulcast service supplier, totalizator company, horsemen's organization or concessionaire when employed in a restricted area $75
(c) A person acting in the capacity of Backstretch Event Personnel, Groom, Stable Employee or Stable Assistant shall procure the appropriate annual license. The fee for an original license is $35, and the annual renewal of license is $20.
(d) A person acting in the capacity of Authorized Agent shall register an authorized agent agreement and registration of authorized agent and pay a fee of $25 for each registration.
(e) A person or persons electing to conduct racing operations by use of a Stable Name, or stable name group, shall register the Stable Name, or stable name group, and pay a fee of $300.
(f) A person or persons conducting racing operations as a syndicate, an entity running under a stable name group or as a partnership having more than ten general partners or having one or more limited partners shall register the syndicate, entity running under a stable name group or partnership as a multiple ownership and pay a fee of $300.
(g) A person participating in any capacity required to be licensed under this rule who participates or attempts to participate at a mule racing meeting shall procure an annual Mule Racing Participant license and pay an annual fee of $25. A license for participating in a mule racing meeting is valid only at mule racing meetings and any license otherwise valid for horse racing meetings is not valid for mule racing meetings.
(h) A person whose license-identification card is lost, destroyed or mutilated shall procure a replacement license-identification card and pay a fee of $15.
(i) A person who elects to participate in the Association of Racing Commissioners International (ARCI) Licensing Reciprocity Program shall pay the associated costs charged by the ARCI and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(j) The date the payment of the required fee is received and recorded by the Board is the effective date of issuance of a continuous occupational license for the capacity in which licensed. The fees required herein are for the entire period for which the issued license is to be valid.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 19440, 19510, 19520 and 19704, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Sections 19510, 19520 and 19704, Business and Professions Code.
1. Repealer and new rule filed 12-31-82; effective 1-1-83.
2. Editorial correction of subsection (g) 1983.
3. Amendment increasing fees filed 12-30-88; effective 1-1-89.
4. Amendment of subsection (f) changing "three" to "five" and adding "as a multiple
ownership" filed 2-14-89; effective 2-14-89.
5. Amendment of subsection (f) changing "five" to "ten" filed 7-6-89; effective 8-5-89.
6. Amendment of subsection (i) filed 12-13-90; effective 1-12-91.
7. Amendment of subsections (b)(6), (b)(9) and new subsection (i) and subsection relettering
filed 8-5-93; effective 9-7-93.
8. Amendment filed 1-5-94; effective 2-4-94.
9. Amendment filed 9-12-94; effective 10-12-94.
10. Amendment filed 5-31-95; effective 6-30-95.
11. Amendment filed 12-6-99; effective 12-6-99.
12. Amendment filed 5-30-07; effective 6-29-07.
13. Amendment filed 7-10-08; effective 8-9-08.|